If you haven’t tried it ~ Baqueta is a white fish, firmer texture that Halibut, and taste wise is somewhere between a Halibut and Sea Bass. It’s great for baking, steaming, pan frying… I would do tacos with this, as well as roast a piece in the oven as this fish usually yeilds a nice thick fillet.
- seeded tomato - 31/2 cups chopped
- green onions - 1/4 cup chopped
- white wine - 1/4 cup dry
- basil - 1 tbsp fresh chopped
- capers - 1 tsp
- minced garlic - 1 tsp
- lemon juice - 1 tsp fresh
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- red pepper - 1/4 tsp crushed
- black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- olive oil - 2 tsps
- Baqueta fillets - 1 - 2 lbs total
Preheat oven to 425°.
Combine first 10 ingredients in a medium bowl.
Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over high heat. Place fish in pan; cook 2 minutes. Turn fish over; top with tomato mixture. Bring to a boil. Place pan in oven; bake at 425° for 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.