One of our sweet customers shared this recipe with me! I LOVE tomatoes, olives and capers ~ so this is an instant winner in my book. We will have our Angel Shark this week and I think that would be a great fit for this recipe. I’m trying this one Sunday night after the Market!
- tomatoes - 2 cups, diced
- pimiento-stuffed olives - 1/2 cup, chopped
- cilantro - 1/2 cup, chopped
- jalapeno - 1/4 cup (I leave these out), chopped
- fresh lime juice - 3 tablespoons
- capers - 2 tablespoons, drained
- fillets halibut - 4 ( can use grouper or sea bass)
- flour - 1/4 cup
- olive oil - 6 tablespoons
- onion - 2 cups, sliced
- garlic - 1 tablespoon, minced
- bay leaf - 2
- dried thyme - 1 teaspoon
- chicken broth - 1/4 cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Combine tomatoes, olives, cilantro, jalapenos, lime juice and capers.
3. Season fillets with salt and pepper and dredge one side in flour.
4. Heat oil in a large ovenproof pan (I just use iron skillet) over
medium-high heat. Add fish, flour side down and cook 3 minutes oruntil browned. Remove from pan.
5. Add onion, garlic, bay leaves, and thyme to pan; saute 3 minutes. Stir in broth to deglaze, then add 1/2 of the tomato mixture.
6. Nestle fillets into tomato mixture; roast in oven 5-7 minutes
(maybe longer depends on fillet thickness), or until fish flakes
easily when tested with a fork. Remove and discard bay leaves. Add remaining tomato mixture, salt and pepper to state. Serve.