- 1-1 1/2 lbs Thresher Shark
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar, adjust to taste
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp hot paprika
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Handful of chopped parsley
- Non-stick cooking spray – avocado oil
- Cut the shark into manageable sized steaks (4"x4" squares 1" thick roughly) or sized as desired.
- Combine all of the ingredients besides the shark in a bowl and whisk together thoroughly. Season to taste. Marinade the shark steaks in shallow dish so that the steaks are completely covered. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator. Allow to marinade for at least 1 hour but 3 hours or more is preferred.
- Heat oven broiler to high. Arrange the fish pieces on a lightly greased metal broiling pan and pour some marinade over them so there is a very shallow layer in the bottom of the pan.
- Place in the broiler and cook for 5 minutes roughly 4 inches from the broiler flame. Flip the shark pieces and cook for 5 minutes more or until fish flakes with a fork.