- 1-1.5 lbs Jumbo Scallops
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup crisp white wine , room temp- use something you like to drink, cooking wine intensifies its flavor. Chicken stock can be substituted here too.
- 1 Lemon juiced
- Handful of capers
- Scant Tbsp Fresh tarragon
- 2 Tbsp grass-fed butter
- Garlic Powder
- Salt & pepper
- Season flour with garlic powder and salt and pepper.
- Pat scallops dry completely. Season scallops with salt and pepper. Lightly sprinkle the scallops with seasoned flour. Do not dredge in flour completely.
- Heat the oil on med-high in a large sauté pan. When the oil slightly ripples, add scallops. Cooking 2 minutes or until there is a golden color and scallops easily come away from pan when flipped. Cook other side the same. Transfer par cooked scallops to a plate and add butter to pan. Let melt. Sprinkle in a little seasoned flour. Whisk to combine and cook the flour.
- Slowly add the wine to form a sauce. Wine needs to be room temperature. Not cold.
- Add scallops back in, add lemon juice, capers and tarragon.
- Cook until the sauce thickens and scallops are cooked through.
- Pull out the scallops, plate the sauce, and serve the scallops on top.
- Garnish with additional chopped tarragon and lemon wedges.